At a glance
Creative and results-oriented web content strategist. Relentless problem solver.
Web content specialist
November 2015 – Present
I ensure that the web content strategy responds to Agency goals and audience needs.
- Plan and structure the online visitor experience.
- Develop and maintain the site’s information architecture.
- Provide guidance and support to 30 regional Internet officers.
- Content lead for web renewal project.
- Develop and document processes for web content and project management.
- Provide training on writing for the web.
- Work directly with design lead to deliver new content.
- Help clients plan web content for their audiences.
- Train and supervise new employees and students.
- Ensure that Parks Canada’s agency goals are reflected and achieved across the web channel.
- Collaborate with social media, corporate communications, promotional and outreach teams, and Canada.ca partners.
Web content advisor
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Intranet web advisor (IS3)
- Content advisor for a modernization of work tools project. Brought internal guidance documents into current web standards.
- Redesigned the intranet homepage to respond to top tasks.
- Extensive experience providing web advice to clients across the department.
- Explained web best practices, standards for web usability and accessibility requirements.
- Leveraged web analytics to support recommendations.
- Prepared mock-ups, wireframes, and information architecture materials.
- Communicated change through live WebEx presentations, decks, and project plans.
Web program officer
Service Canada, Canada Education Savings Program
- Program officer (PM3)
- Worked with Communications to implement vanity URLs, event tracking and advanced segmentation for direct mail campaigns using Google Analytics.
- Compiled web analytics and provided analysis for senior management.
- Led a project team to convert PDFs into web compliant HTML. Planned and implemented the project while managing one staff member during the conversion process.
- Managed day-to-day web content requests for program related content on the intranet and internet.
Interactive Multimedia Web Design
M.A. Canadian Studies (Heritage Conservation)
B.A. Arts (Canadian Studies and Music)
Content and information architecture
- Site plans, site maps, information architecture
- Content audit and inventories
- Analytics based decision making
- Content strategies and user journey planning
- Communications planning
Software and tools
- Adobe Photoshop
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Gather Content
- Google Analytics
- Resourceful, organized and creative.
- Team player.
- Able to work efficiently in fast-paced, high pressured environment.
English mother tongue.
French: Oral (B), Written (C), Reading (E)