At a glance
Creative and results-oriented web content strategist. Relentless problem solver.
Web content strategist
November 2015 – Present
I am responsible for creating and executing the over-arching content strategy for the Parks Canada website. I help ensure that the web content strategy responds to Agency goals and audience needs.
- Plan and structure the online visitor experience.
- Develop and maintain the site’s information architecture.
- Provide guidance and support to 30 regional Internet officers.
- Content lead for website transformation from CLF2 to WET4 and CMS upgrade to Sitecore8.
- Develop and document processes for web content and project management.
- Provide training on usability and writing for the web. Update guidance for staff on the Intranet.
- Work directly with design lead to deliver new content sections.
- Help clients plan new web content for their audiences.
- Train and supervise new employees and students.
- Ensure that Parks Canada’s agency goals are reflected and achieved across the web channel.
- Collaborate with social media, corporate communications, promotional and outreach teams.
- Collaborate with Canada.ca partners
Web content advisor
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Intranet web advisor (IS3)
- Section lead (various themes) for the modernization of work tools project to bring the intranet into current web standards. Created information architectures, user-centric landing pages, organized content, and reduced redundant, outdated and trivial content in conjunction with content owners.
- Led the redesign of the intranet landing page: gathered web analytics to determine how users were interacting with the old homepage to support proposed design decisions. Gathered requirements, incorporated elements from the WET toolkit, surveyed staff reaction to the new homepage using an embedded survey on the landing page.
- Extensive experience providing web advice to clients across the department for day-to-day requests on the intranet, explaining web best practices, standards for web usability and accessibility requirements.
- Leveraged web analytics to support recommendations.
- Prepared mock-ups, wireframes, and information architecture materials.
- Communicated change through live WebEx presentations, decks, and project plans.
Web program officer
Service Canada, Canada Education Savings Program
- Program officer (PM3)
- Worked with Communications to implement vanity URLs, event tracking and advanced segmentation for direct mail campaigns using Google Analytics.
- Compiled web analytics and provided analysis for senior management.
- Led a project team to convert PDFs into web compliant HTML. Planned and implemented the project while managing one staff member during the conversion process.
- Managed day-to-day web content requests for program related content on the intranet and internet.
Interactive Multimedia Web Design
M.A. Canadian Studies (Heritage Conservation)
B.A. Arts (Canadian Studies and Music)
Content and information architecture
- Site plans, site maps, information architecture
- Content audit and inventories
- Analytics based decision making
- Content strategies and user journey planning
- Communications planning
Software and tools
- Adobe Photoshop
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Gather Content
- Google Analytics
- Resourceful, organized and creative.
- Team player.
- Able to work efficiently in fast-paced, high pressured environment.
English mother tongue.
French: Oral (B), Written (C), Reading (E)