Download resume as a PDF (it’s much prettier!)
Design Researcher, Digital Transformation Office, Treasury Board Secretariat
2019 – present
Currently on Interchange working on usability projects to improve Canada.ca
Web content specialist, Parks Canada
2017 – 2019 (GT5) | 2015 – 2017 (GT4)
I am responsible for the information architecture and content strategy for the Parks Canada website. In 2017, I helped to successfully migrate the website to a new content management system and into a new design template. I train content owners across the Parks Canada Agency on best practices for content planning and web writing. I also develop web content strategies to support our mandate in conservation, preservation and tourism.
Coordinate content aspects of the online visitor experience
- Oversee the site’s information architecture.
- Apply user-centred content principles to web products.
- Use analytics to optimize content and improve online engagement.
- Work collaboratively with design and technical leads to implement new interactive features and content.
- Coordinate ROT and content gap analyses.
- Collaborate with product leads on marketing campaigns and e-commerce products.
- Conduct design research and usability testing.
Support regional internet officers and content owners across the Agency
- Manage a collaborative workspace for 30 regional Internet officers (2016-2019).
- Educate content creators on the value of quality content, writing for the web, user-centred information design.
- Apply best practices for accessibility, usability, and plain language writing to all content.
- Manage web strategies and report progress to senior management.
- Develop and share procedures, requirements and instructions on web content and project management topics.
- Train and supervise employees.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- 2019 Parks Canada CEO Award (nomination) – Science communications campaign
- 2018 Parks Canada CEO Award (nomination) – Traffic management project
- 2017 Parks Canada CEO Award (nomination) – Web renewal project
- 2017 Parks Canada CEO Award (winner) – Free admission project
Web content advisor, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
2010 – 2015
- Content advisor for a modernization of work tools project. Brought internal guidance documents into current web standards.
- Assisted with in-person usability testing to assess task completion for redesigned content sections.
- Redesigned the intranet homepage to respond to top tasks.
- Provided web advice to clients across the department.
- Explained web best practices, standards for web usability and accessibility requirements.
- Leveraged web analytics to support recommendations.
- Prepared mock-ups, wireframes, and information architecture materials.
- Communicated change through WebEx presentations, decks, and project plans.
Interactive Multimedia Web Design
M.A. Canadian Studies (Heritage Conservation)
B.A. Arts (Canadian Studies and Music)
Content and information architecture
- Site plans and information architecture
- Content audit and inventories
- Analytics based decision making
- Content strategy and user journey planning
- Communications planning
- Content marketing
- Design research and usability testing
Software and tools
- HTML and CSS
- Adobe Photoshop
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Gather Content
- Google Analytics, Data Studio, Tag Manager
- Screaming Frog
- Resourceful, organized and creative
- Team player
- Able to work efficiently in fast-pace, high pressure environment
English mother tongue.
French: Oral (B), Written (C), Reading (E)