I deliver writing for the web training to field unit Internet Officers and other staff in the Agency. Training is delivered both online and in-person and covers topics such as:
- using plain language
- understanding the Canada.ca style guide
- incorporating the Parks Canada brand tone
- creating information hierarchies
- mobile copywriting
The training tools are shared on the Parks Canada intranet for employees to access at any time.
Content guidance and tools
Writing for the web training
- Writing for the web training is offered 3-4 times a year
- Target audience: New employees and field unit Internet Officers
- Length: 1 hour
Interpreting the brand sound
- I interpret principles from the brand tone document in my Writing for the web training
Adapting the brand sound for the web
- The brand sound and plain language principles can sometimes conflict.
- The web team created this document to help content owners maintain the brand sound while respecting Canada.ca style.
- I assisted in editing and producing this guidance document.