New regulations for cannabis usage came into effect in October, 2018. To let visitors know what’s allowed and not allowed when visiting a Parks Canada location, it was important to have a single page that outlined the different rules across the country and within some municipalities.
The web strategy took into consideration that some locations required additional content or had additional municipal complexities. A short URL was established to use on printed signage posted at parks and sites.
Create web strategy
Deliver a web strategy for national and park pages that aligned with visitor safety, corporate communications and social media requirements.
Collaborate with field staff
Write clear instructions and provide a content template that field staff could use to create local information pages.
- Visitor safety team
- Corporate communications
- Field Units
- Web team (content and design)
- Campaign short URL
- SEO optimized content
- Open Graph elements in metadata
- Content and visual design
- Field Unit implementation instructions
- Consistent content and visual approach.
- Visitors could quickly compare the cannabis rules across the country from a single page.
- Content design allows flexibility for new municipal or site-level restrictions.