Parks Canada web renewal
Migrate 30,000 web pages to a new content management system, improve the site’s information architecture, apply the Government of Canada’s WET4 responsive template and work with regional internet officers to update over 300 national park, national historic site and marine conservation area’s web content in time for the 2017 season.
In other words, a very big project to complete in one year.
- Develop a new information architecture for the site.
- Create new content templates for National Parks, Historic Sites, Marine Conservation Areas.
- Write guidance documents for regional internet officers: process, guidelines, templates, site plans, filenaming, etc.
- Collaborate with the design and technical team.
- Launched on-time before the 2017 season opening
- Web Team was nominated for a Parks Canada CEO Award
Date: April 2017
Client: Parks Canada, http://www.parkscanada.gc.ca